Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Installing iDempiere in Mac OsX

First, download iDempiere installation here: http://www.idempiere.org/downloads
NOTE: If Mac installer didn't work for you, download the Linux installer. I'm using the linux installer even though I'm using a Mac.

Setup your path and download the java you need.
If you don't know how to work around your Mac, you can use this blog post as reference to setup path for Postgres and IDEMPIERE_HOME.

But, before a user posted the solution, I was stuck with this problem when I wanted to run setup.sh

===================================
Starting iDempiere Server
===================================
readlink: illegal option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
usage: dirname path
Unable to access jarfile /plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.*.jar

I've searched high and low, and I can't find any clue as to what I have to do next. I'm new in Mac so my only solution at that time was hope that someone from the community will reply to my problem.

If it was not for this group, I won't be able to solve my problem: iDempiere google groups

Went to brew.sh and followed the instruction on how to install brew
After installing brew, I followed the instruction Orlando (from community) posted
brew install coreutils   
alias readlink=greadlink 

Then finally, change idempiere-server.sh readlink to greadlink

And it worked great!
So I hope this will help you too, as much as it has helped me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment